MS, RD, LD
Amanda completed her Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Food Science from the University of Maryland in 2018. She completed her dietetic internship at Marywood University simultaneously with her Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics. Upon completion of this program, Amanda completed a second Master of Science in Sports Nutrition and Exercise Science. Amanda then went on to complete a fellowship at the University of Delaware.
While her time there was focused mainly on the men’s soccer team and the football team, she also worked closely with the men’s lacrosse team during their time in the NCAA tournament, the field hockey team, and the men’s and women’s basketball teams. Amanda has conducted multiple cooking demonstrations and grocery store tours, in addition to creating educational material and recipes weekly for the fueling station. Amanda keeps up to date on the latest research through publications from her memberships with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitians Association. Amanda’s nutrition philosophy is that all foods fit, and can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
GET TO KNOW AMANDA WITH THESE FUN FACTS!
- What is the craziest myth you’ve heard from your clients?
- That they shouldn’t eat past a certain time even if they’re hungry. Listen to your body! If you’re feeling hungry, honor that hunger. Plus, a high-protein snack before bed is great for muscle recovery. (Bonus points if it’s a slow-digesting protein like casein!)
- What’s the weirdest health food you’ve ever tried?
- Mushroom-based electrolyte drink. I had one sip and refused to go back for a second. Very fungus-y
- What’s your favorite tip to give to your clients?
- Don’t try to change everything all at once. Making small changes at a time that are attainable is going to create habits that last.
- What’s your favorite type of workout, and why?
- This is a direct split between weight lifting and yoga. Lifting weights makes me feel strong and powerful, with the instant gratification of seeing my limits increase over time. Yoga helps keep me in tune with my muscles and my breathing while working on stability and balance.
- What’s one dish you want to learn how to cook?
- My mom’s black beans. She measures with her heart so it’ll be a tough recipe to nail down.
WAYS TO WORK WITH AMANDA
Want the independence to shape your own nutrition journey? Our Premium package sets you up for success by providing evidence-backed resources including the option of weekly meal plans with daily recipes or custom periodized macronutrient calculations based on your goals and more, with no coaching software required.
1:1 Coaching Package
Prefer 24/7 guidance from your practitioner? The support you receive during your 1:1 Coaching package will be a plan decided on by you and your practitioner to best fit your unique lifestyle. You will work together to help you best achieve your goals in a healthy and sustainable manner.