For 8 servings:
- 3 1/2 cups Rolled Oats (350 grams)
- 2 cups Hazelnuts (roasted with skins removed)
- 2 ozs Dark Chocolate (~50 grams, chopped)
- 2 tsps Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If you will be roasting your own hazelnuts: Put them on a baking tray at 300 for about 15 minutes. Shake the tray about half way through. The hazelnuts will be done when they are turning golden brown. When they are cool, place them on a dish towel. Rub the hazelnuts with the dish towel to remove skins.
- Chop the chocolate into small shards and set aside. Pour oats, nuts, and cocoa powder into a bowl together. Add olive oil then use the same cup to add the maple syrup. Mix with a large spoon until everything seems equally coated with olive oil, maple, and cocoa. Add chocolate Spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake stirring every 15 minutes for about 45 minutes.
- Place on a baking rack to cool, adding a pinch of salt and brown sugar to taste on the granola. Once cool, toss in your dried fruit and mix (you can do this right on the baking sheet).
For 1 serving:
- Calories = 448
- Fat = 27g
- Carbs = 49g
- Protein = 11g
Want more gluten-free treats?
Check out our Fiona Bakes Recipe E-Book for more delicious, quick and easy recipes made for athletes on-the-go!
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation