For 4 servings:
- 12 Garlic (cloves, peeled and trimmed)
- 1 Yellow Onion (large, roughly chopped)
- 1 head Cauliflower (sliced into florets)
- 3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 1/3 tbsps Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 8 cups Kale Leaves (packed)
- 3 3/4 cups Vegetable Broth (divided)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the garlic cloves, onion and cauliflower on the baking sheet. Drizzle with half of the olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt. Using your hand or a spatula, toss until vegetables are evenly coated in the spices. Roast for about 40 minutes or until very tender and caramelized, flipping halfway through.
- When vegetables are just about done, heat remaining olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the kale and 1/2 of the vegetable broth to the pot and cover. Let steam for 2 minutes, or until kale is wilted and tender.
- Add the roasted vegetables and remaining vegetable stock in with the wilted kale. Bring soup to a gentle boil then remove from heat.
- Puree soup in batches in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
- Leftovers: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serve it With: An extra drizzle of olive oil, fresh herbs or a pinch of red chili flakes.
- Too Thick: If soup is too thick in consistency, use water or more stock (1/2 cup at a time) to thin until desired consistency is reached.
For 1 serving:
- Calories = 176
- Fat = 11g
- Carbs = 17g
- Protein = 5g
Love this dish and want more?
For more delicious recipes that will help boost your immune system, check out our Immune Support Program!
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation