For 12 servings:
- 3 cups Oats (rolled, divided)
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 cups Pitted Dates (soaked until softened)
- 1 1/2 tsps Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (182ºC) and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place half of the rolled oats into a food processor or blender and blend until the oats reach a flour consistency.
- Add the oat flour, sugar, and the remaining oats to a mixing bowl. Stir in the melted coconut oil until well combined.
- Add the soaked dates and cinnamon to the food processor and blend until a mostly smooth paste forms.
- Transfer about 3/4 of the oat mixture to the prepared baking dish and firmly press to form a smooth, even layer in the bottom of the pan. Spread the cinnamon date paste over the bottom layer and then top the date layer with the remaining oat mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the oats are just golden brown around the edges.
- Let the date squares cool completely in the pan, or overnight, before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
- Calories = 302
- Fat = 15g
- Carbs = 41g
- Protein = 3g
- Leftovers: Keep in an airtight container for up to five days or freeze portioned squares for up to three months. For chewier squares, store in the refrigerator.
More plant-based meals!
Plant based meals can be easy and delicious! Check out our Vegan Athlete Meal Plan for more yummy recipes!
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation