Fall Maple Mustard Tempeh Bowl
September 14, 2022
For 4 servings:
- 1 cup Quinoa (Dry -Cook in Bone Broth)
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsps Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsps Tamari
- 3 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 8 ozs Tempeh (cubed)
- 2 Beet (Medium- Steamed or roasted & cubed)
- 2 Sweet Potato (cubed & roasted at 375 for 35 minutes)
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut (optional)
- 1 bunch Kale Leaves (stemmed, washed, & chopped)
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds (toasted)
- Cook quinoa in bone broth & set aside.
- To make Marinade: Place ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine. Toss in the cubed tempeh, and stir well to coat it in the marinade. Cover and allow the tempeh to marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- Make your bowl: Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet. Add the marinated tempeh, and be sure to reserve the marinade liquid (you will need to use it for the salad dressing).
- Cook the tempeh on medium heat until brown on all sides.
- Place the chopped kale into a large mixing bowl, and drizzle the remaining marinade liquid over it. Add diced avocado, and use your hands to massage the avocado and dressing into the kale. Massage it until it is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, beets, quinoa, sauerkraut, and tempeh. Toss well to make a salad. Top with pumpkin seeds. If you would rather serve the Buddha bowl with the ingredients still separate, place each ingredient into a bowl, and top with pumpkin seeds.
- Calories = 546
- Fat = 23g
- Carbs = 64g
- Protein = 25g
It’s finally the start of the fall season! Start the autumnal months off strong with our delicious Seasonal Fall Smoothies & Bars Recipe Book for more yummy snacks!
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation