For 20 cookies:
- 5 cups Almond Flour
- 5 cups Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 2/3 tbsps Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 3 tbsps Honey
- 2 3/4 ozs Dried Dates
- 2 tbsps Gingerbread Spice Mix
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Blend together almond flour, protein powder, dates (or raisins), baking powder and gingerbread spice mix in a food processor.
- When the mass is solid, add all the remaining ingredients and blend again until a fine dough is formed.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll into desired thickness. (The thinner the dough will be, the crunchier gingerbread you get and the thicker it will be, the more tender gingerbread will come out of it.)
- Place the rolled dough into freezer for 20 minutes or into refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Next, cut the cookie shapes from the dough, put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake (using protein powder) for 15-20 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius (300 degrees Fahrenheit), or (without protein powder) for 20-25 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius (300 degrees Fahrenheit) until golden.
- During baking, be careful not to burn them. If they already start to turn brown, remove them out of the oven.
- After they cool down, you can decorate them to your liking. Enjoy!
For 1 cookie:
- Calories = 265
- Fat = 16g
- Carbs = 10g
- Protein = 25g
Got a sweet tooth?
Check out our Fiona Bakes Recipe E-Book for more gluten free, baked goods recipes that were crafted to help fuel athletes on the go!
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation