Lemon Basil Asparagus & Sausage Pasta
March 7, 2022
It’s spring! Here’s a light and yummy meal to help you welcome the new season with seasonal produce.
For 4 servings:
- 8 ozs Brown Rice Pasta
- 8 ozs Organic Chicken Sausage (Spicy Italian)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Lemon (zest & juice)
- 1 cup Basil Leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsps Chives
- 1/2 cup Green Olives
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 bunch Asparagus (chopped)
- 3 Garlic (cloves minced)
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta to al dente, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, chives, and olives in a bowl, or pulse in the food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the same pot used to cook the pasta, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the chicken sausage and brown all over, about 5 to 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the asparagus, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook another 5 minutes or until the broccolini is tender. Add the wine. Simmer 2-3 minutes, then add the pasta and parmesan, tossing well to coat.
- Add the basil/olive sauce and toss. Remove from the heat and serve immediately topped with additional basil and parmesan. Enjoy!
- Calories = 551
- Fat = 30g
- Carbs = 54g
- Protein = 19g
- Cooking time = 30 minutes
- What’s a serving size: One serving is equal to about 1 1/2 cups.
- Dairy-Free? Use oil instead of butter.
- Not a fan of sausage? Use ground meat or lentils instead.
Looking for more whole food based recipes?
Check out our 1 Week Real Food, Real Quick Meal Plan!
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation