For 4 servings:
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 oz Lemongrass (peeled, chopped into large pieces)
- 3 tbsps Fish Sauce (divided)
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice (divided)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar (divided)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsps Tamari
- 7 ozs Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 3 tbsps Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 Carrot (shredded)
- 3 cups Green Cabbage (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (roughly torn)
- In a large baking dish or large zipper-lock bag, place the chicken thighs inside. In a small bowl, combine the lemongrass, 1/3 of the fish sauce, half of the lime juice, half of the coconut sugar, oil, and tamari. Whisk well to combine. Pour over the chicken and toss well to mix everything. Let it marinate for one hour.
- Cook the rice vermicelli noodles according to the directions on the package. Rinse under cold water and drain. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken along with any leftover marinade and cook until charred on one side. Flip and cook the other side, about 10 minutes total. Remove and discard the lemongrass pieces and let cool slightly on a plate. Once cool, slice into strips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the remaining lime juice, fish sauce, and coconut sugar. Then add the rice vinegar and water, and whisk to combine until the sugar is dissolved.
- Divide the noodles into bowls along with the carrot, cabbage, and cilantro. Top with the sliced chicken. Serve with the dipping sauce and spoon it over top of each bowl. Enjoy!
- Calories = 435
- Fat = 9g
- Carbs = 61g
- Protein = 25g
Love this recipe?
Check out our other recipes here!
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation