For 2 servings:
- 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice (dry)
- 2 tbsps Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsps All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsps Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Water
- 8 3/4 ozs Tempeh (sliced)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Frozen Vegetable Mix (cooked)
- 1 tbsp Raw Peanuts (chopped)
- 2 tbsps Cilantro (chopped)
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, peanut butter, maple syrup, sesame oil, lime juice, and water. Add in tempeh and toss to coat. Marinate for fifteen minutes.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add in the tempeh and cook for three minutes per side, until golden. Add in the remaining marinade and cook to warm through, about one to two minutes.
- To serve, portion the rice into bowls. Top with the vegetable mix, tempeh, chopped peanuts, and cilantro. Enjoy!
- Calories = 694
- Carbohydrates = 86g
- Protein = 39g
- Fat = 26g
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
- Serving Size: One serving size is equal to approximately four slices of tempeh, one cup of vegetable mix, and 1/2 cup of rice.
- Gluten-Free: Substitute soy sauce for gluten-free tamari.
- More Flavor: Add a squeeze of lime to the plate right before serving for a zesty twist.
- Prep Ahead: This tempeh can be marinated in the fridge overnight, however, the peanut butter sauce will thicken and solidify. Once the tempeh and marinade are reheated, it will thin back out.
Protein, protein, protein
This is great high protein meal for anyone who is looking to prioritize this macro! To find more vegan high protein meals, check out our Vegan Athlete Meal Plan!
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation