In this week’s episode, we talk to pro cyclist Alexey Vermuelen, who just took 2nd and 3rd place at Leadville 100 Mtn and SBT Grvl, respectively. We talk to Alexey about:
- How he trains for consecutive podiums at 100+ miles
- His relationship with food, and nutrition around races
- His approach to nutrition around races
- The program he co-founded, From the Ground Up & Willy the Wiener Dog
Alexey Vermeulen is an American cyclist who grew up racing on the road after getting into the sport through kids triathlon and inspiration from his grandfather (Opa). After spending two years in the World Tour with Jumbo Visma, Alexey pivoted towards the dirt (gravel & MTB) believing that the sponsorship model in professional cycling was flawed and that he could make a bigger impact where the barrier for entry was lower. Vermeulen has become famous on the circuit for training with Sir Willie the Weiner, a long-haired miniature dachshund that he carries in a backpack while riding. Recent results include winning BWR California, and Iceman Cometh in 2022. This year he secured podium finishes at both Leadville with an impressive 2nd place finish, and SBT GRVL, coming in 3rd.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Through 9/5/23, receive 30% off all Nutritional Revolution online programs, webinars and meal plans with code LABORDAY23.
- Weight Loss While Training Mini Course
- Supplement Mini Course: Learn about supplement protocols that will benefit performance.
- Stay social with Alexey Vermeulen
- Join the Nutritional Revolution club here to get $20 off your first purchase – including Skratch Labs Super High Carb Energy Drink Mix)
- GU Energy: https://amzn.to/3r0KB9g
- 1.5 Liter Water Bladder: https://amzn.to/45DcGCH
- The Journey, an Autobiography of Apolo Anton Ohno: https://amzn.to/44EH8em
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Save 20% on all supplements at our trusted online source: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/kchannell
- Join Nutritional Revolution’s The Feed Club to get $20 off right away with an additional $20 Feed credit drop every 90 days.: https://thefeed.com/teams/nutritional-revolution
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at email@example.com.