In this week’s episode, we talk to exercise physiologist & nutrition scientist Dr. Stacy Sims about:
- Women vs Men in sport – what the research says
- Keto, fasting and other diet fads – what’s the real deal?
- Perimenopause & menopause
- Fueling for women in sport
Dr. Stacy Sims is a forward-thinking international exercise physiologist and nutrition scientist, who is striving to revolutionize exercise nutrition and performance for women. Along with her own business, she is currently the Senior Research Associate with SPRINZ- AUT University, supervising PhD students and writing academic papers. She is on the advisory board of several cutting edge companies, including Tonal Strength Institute, WILD.AI, and EXOS. Previously, she has directed research programs at Stanford and the University of Waikato, focusing on female athlete health and performance.
During her tenure at Stanford, she had the opportunity to translate earlier research into consumer products to explain sex differences in training and nutrition across the lifespan. She has been featured on a now-famous TEDx Talk, and her contributions to the international research environment and the sports nutrition industry has established a new niche in sports nutrition. She’s been named as a top visionary in several publications, including DMSE Sports, Outside Magazine and Triathlete Magazine and has written more than 70 peer reviewed papers, several books and is a regularly featured speaker at professional and academic conferences, including those by the USOC and USA Cycling.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Follow Dr. Stacy Sims
- Reach Stacy’s books:
- ROAR: How to Match your Food and Fitness to your Unique Female Physiology for Optimum Performance, Great Health, and a Strong, Lean Body for Life: https://amzn.to/3QnaslA
- Eat Race Win: https://amzn.to/403JsKY
- Next Level: Your Guide to Kicking Ass, Feeling Great, and Crushing Goals Through Menopause and Beyond: https://amzn.to/3PTNT6s
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Save 20% on all supplements at our trusted online source: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/kchannell
- Join Nutritional Revolution’s The Feed Club to get $20 off right away with an additional $20 Feed credit drop every 90 days.: https://thefeed.com/teams/nutritional-revolution
- Interested in blood testing? Use code NUTRITIONALREVOLUTION at InsideTracker for 20% off any test: store.insidetracker.com/nutritionalrevolution
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at email@example.com.