In today’s episode, NR founder Kyla and NR practitioner Kristin distinguish the difference between perimenopause and menopause, and examine how each can influence a female athlete’s nutrition, training, and lifestyle recommendations.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Check out our Menopause Support Meal Plan!
- Check out our Plant-Based Menopause Support Program!
- Want to get your blood work tested? Try InsideTracker HERE or use the code NUTRITIONALREV to save 20%!
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at email@example.com.
See you in the next episode!
- Cao, S., Wang, L., Zhang, Z., Chen, F., Wu, Q., & Li, L. (2018). Sulforaphane-induced metabolomic responses with epigenetic changes in estrogen receptor positive breast cancer cells. FEBS open bio, 8(12), 2022–2034. https://doi-org.logan.idm.oclc.org/10.1002/2211-5463.12543
- Rajoria, S., Suriano, R., Parmar, P. S., Wilson, Y. L., Megwalu, U., Moscatello, A., Bradlow, H. L., Sepkovic, D. W., Geliebter, J., Schantz, S. P., & Tiwari, R. K. (2011). 3,3′-diindolylmethane modulates estrogen metabolism in patients with thyroid proliferative disease: a pilot study. Thyroid : official journal of the American Thyroid Association, 21(3), 299–304. https://doi-org.logan.idm.oclc.org/10.1089/thy.2010.0245
- Maltais, M. L., Desroches, J., & Dionne, I. J. (2009). Changes in muscle mass and strength after menopause. Journal of musculoskeletal & neuronal interactions, 9(4), 186–197.
- Silva, T. R., Oppermann, K., Reis, F. M., & Spritzer, P. M. (2021). Nutrition in Menopausal Women: A Narrative Review. Nutrients, 13(7), 2149. https://doi-org.logan.idm.oclc.org/10.3390/nu13072149