In today’s episode, NR founder Kyla and NR practitioner Kristin discuss nutrition while training at altitude. Learn why elevation training can be beneficial for your athletic performance, and how to optimize your nutrition and hydration game plans to get the most benefits!
Click HERE to download your high calorie and high carbohydrate recipes, perfect for training at elevation!
See the ferritin levels and supplemental iron dosing instructions table below.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click HERE
- Check out our 4 Week Real Food, Real Quick Program HERE
- Try out Factor 75 and get $120 off your first 5 boxes by clicking HERE
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you in the next episode!
- Duane, W. J., Pepin, N. C., Losleben, M. L., & Hardy, D. R. (2008). General Characteristics of Temperature and Humidity Variability on Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research, 40(2), 323–334. https://doi.org/10.1657/1523-0430(06–127)
- Burke, L., Deakin, V., & Minehan, M. (2021). Clinical Sports Nutrition 6th Edition (6th ed.). McGraw Hill / Australia.
- Bailey, D. M., & Davies, B. (1997). Physiological implications of altitude training for endurance performance at sea level: a review. British journal of sports medicine, 31(3), 183–190. https://doi-org.logan.idm.oclc.org/10.1136/bjsm.31.3.183
- Acs, Z., Bori, Z., Takeda, M., Osvath, P., Berkes, I., Taylor, A. W., Yang, H., & Radak, Z. (2014). High altitude exposure alters gene expression levels of DNA repair enzymes, and modulates fatty acid metabolism by SIRT4 induction in human skeletal muscle. Respiratory physiology & neurobiology, 196, 33–37. https://doi-org.logan.idm.oclc.org/10.1016/j.resp.2014.02.006
- Stellingwerff, T., Peeling, P., Garvican-Lewis, L. A., Hall, R., Koivisto, A. E., Heikura, I. A., & Burke, L. M. (2019). Nutrition and Altitude: Strategies to Enhance Adaptation, Improve Performance and Maintain Health: A Narrative Review. Sports medicine (Auckland, N.Z.), 49(Suppl 2), 169–184. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40279-019-01159-w