In today’s episode, we speak with Jess Cerra about her experience creating the sports bar JoJé Bars and transitioning from Xterra athlete to pro triathlete to pro road cyclist and to her current career as a professional privateer gravel racer and race director! Tune in to learn about her nutrition strategy while training and during events like Unbound Gravel, as well as her experience mentoring in the biking world.
Born and raised in the mountains of Montana, Jess grew up embracing the outdoors and the active lifestyles that came with it. After earning a Bachelor’s Degree of Applied Exercise Science at the University of Montana, she went straight into research in athletic performance while completing a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology at San Diego State University. There, in 2007, she was introduced to mountain biking and quickly fell in love with the sport, and her career took off.
She won the XTERRA Amateur National Championship in 2010, propelling her to the professional triathlete ranks the following year. Between 2015 and 2019, she transitioned to a career as a professional road cyclist, competing at the sport’s most prestigious races in the United States as well as Europe. In 2020, she made the switch once again, and currently competes as a professional privateer gravel racer for the Pinarello Scuderia Team.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click HERE
- Check out our 4 Week Real Food, Real Quick Program HERE
- Try Trifecta Meal Delivery by clicking HERE
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jess Cerra’s Instagram: @jesscerra
- JoJé Bars
- Get 20% off your first purchase by using code: NEWSALT20
- Alete Nutrition website: https://aletenutrition.com/
- Buy Brazi Bites Brazilian Cheese Bread HERE
- The Last Best Ride