In today’s episode, NR founder Kyla Channell, MS dives into hydration. In this first hydration episode, she will focus on dehydration and fluid loss. Tune in to learn why hydration is so important in sport and what can affect your hydration status.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click HERE
- Try Trifecta Meal Delivery by clicking HERE
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at email@example.com.
- Learn more about thermoregulation in Episode 27 with Dr. Tony Wolf: Cycling, Endurance Coaching, and Thermoregulation Research
- Learn more about how heat affects hydration in Episode 30 with Dr. Julien Périard: Everything You Need to Know About Exercising in the Heat
- Baker, L.B., K.A. Barnes, M.L. Anderson, D.H. Passe, and J.R. Stofan (2016). Normative data for regional sweat sodium concentration and whole-body sweating rate in athletes. J. Sports Sci. 34:358-368.
- Baker L. B. (2017). Sweating Rate and Sweat Sodium Concentration in Athletes: A Review of Methodology and Intra/Interindividual Variability. Sports medicine (Auckland, N.Z.), 47(Suppl 1), 111–128. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40279-017-0691-5
- Beis, L.Y., M. Wright-Whyte, B. Fudge, T. Noakes, and Y.P. Pitsiladis (2012). Drinking behaviors of elite male runners during marathon competition. Clin. J. Sport Med. 22:254-261.
- Goulet E. D. (2012). Dehydration and endurance performance in competitive athletes. Nutrition reviews, 70 Suppl 2, S132–S136. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1753-4887.2012.00530.x
- Plataforma SINC. “Salt increases physical performance in resistance competitions.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 4 March 2015. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150304075220.htm>.