In today’s episode, we speak with Hillary Allen about her love for sky running and trail running, and how she fuels for these challenging courses. We’ll also dive into how her nutrition changed after her life-threatening injury.
About Hillary Allen:
My career as an endurance athlete has not been straightforward. Through injury, setbacks and being told I would never run again, I’ve had to re-think what I consider impossible, as I continued to push myself, believing in my best athletic days ahead.
Early in my career, I earned the nickname “Hillygoat” for my love of the uphill and my ability to run fast on steep, technical mountain terrain – a style of running known as Skyrunning. I won the US SkyRunner Series in 2014 in my debut season and since then, I have raced all over the world, racking up wins and course records, establishing myself as one of the best mountain ultra runners in the world.
In 2017 I had a life threatening accident, where I fell 150 feet off of a ridge-line during a Skyrace in Tromsø, Norway. I broke a total of 14 bones and I was told I would never run again – let alone compete at the elite level. After several years of rehab and recovery, I made a full recovery and returned to elite level racing, running some of my longest and most challenging races post-accident.
I maintain the belief that ‘your best athletic days are ahead of you,’ if you’re willing to work hard for what you love and never give up on yourself.
I also am a scientist, I have a masters degree in neuroscience and physiology and structural biology, I’m a running coach, and a gravel cyclist.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Join our 2022 Holiday Challenge here: https://p.bttr.to/3Cy1gE8
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10 here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/products/
- Find our Menopause Support Meal Plan here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/menopause-support-meal-plan/
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at email@example.com.
- Hillary Allen
- Sports nutrition
- Klean Athlete Klean Collagen + Vitamin C: https://amzn.to/3EjWBa9
- Tart Cherry Juice: https://amzn.to/3MhbMD4
- Thorne Curcumin Phytosome 500 mg Turmeric Supplement: https://amzn.to/3yihQp1
- Skratch Wellness Hydration Drink Mix: https://amzn.to/3CEnkwG
- Skratch Hydration Drink Mix: https://amzn.to/3Maq8VH
- Nuun Sport Tablets: https://amzn.to/3CEJtuX
- Spring Energy Gels: https://amzn.to/3rHCjj6
- JoJé Bars: https://amzn.to/3CEKCCH