In today’s episode, we speak with Dr. Tony Wolf about his research in thermoregulation and its relationship with skin pigmentation, vitamin D, and heat stress.
Dr. Wolf is an exercise physiologist and cycling coach. He earned his Ph.D. from the Pennsylvania State University, where he continues to conduct environmental and exercise physiology research as a postdoctoral scholar. He is the owner of ATP Coaching, where he coaches a wide range of cyclists from around the world.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- Find 1 Week Real Food, Real Quick Meal Plan here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/1-week-real-food-real-quick-meal-plan/
- Find our Supplements that Improve Performance Mini Course here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/supplements-that-improve-performance-mini-course/
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Episode 27 with Dr. Tony Wolf: Cycling, Endurance Coaching, and Thermoregulation Research
- Dr. Tony Wolf
- ATP Coaching:
- Sports Nutrition
- Research Articles
- Wolf, S. T., Dillon, G. A., Alexander, L. M., Jablonski, N. G., & Kenney, W. L. (2022). Skin pigmentation is negatively associated with circulating vitamin D concentration and cutaneous microvascular endothelial function. American journal of physiology. Heart and circulatory physiology, 323(3), 490–498. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpheart.00309.2022
- Cottle, R. M., Lichter, Z. S., Vecellio, D. J., Wolf, S. T., & Kenney, W. L. (2022). Core temperature responses to compensable versus uncompensable heat stress in young adults (PSU HEAT Project). Journal of applied physiology (Bethesda, Md. : 1985), 133(4), 1011–1018. https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00388.2022
- Vecellio, D. J., Wolf, S. T., Cottle, R. M., & Kenney, W. L. (2022). Correction to: Utility of the Heat Index in defining the upper limits of thermal balance during light physical activity (PSU HEAT Project). International journal of biometeorology, 10.1007/s00484-022-02384-1. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00484-022-02384-1