In today’s episode, we speak with pro cyclist Ruth Winder about…
- Her experience dealing with Low Energy Availability (LEA) and losing her menstrual cycle
- How she adjusted her food intake to restore energy balance and regained her cycle
- How her relationship with food has changed throughout her pro cycling career
Ruth began cycling at the age of 15. Since then she has been competitive at a high level. Most notably, she made the 2016 Olympic Track Cycling Team for Team Pursuit, winning the 2019 National Road Race Championship, and taking home the over all win for the Tour Down Under in 2020. Ruth has seen much success on the Velodrome in past years and in European racing since transitioning back to road after the 2016 Olympics. She raced full time in Europe for the Pro World Tour Team: Trek-Segafredo. Most recently, she won the Belgium spring classic Brabantse Pijl 2021. She found her passion for coaching in 2015 and has really enjoyed sharing not only her knowledge of being a coached athlete for 11 years, but her tactical knowledge as well. Ruth is a USAC level 3 coach.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- Find our Menopause Support Meal Plan here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/menopause-support-meal-plan/
- Find our Weight Loss While Training Mini Course here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/weight-loss-while-training-webinar-mini-course/
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at email@example.com.