In today’s episode, we speak with Keely Henninger about…
- Her unique research background with Nike
- Her current research regarding ultra runners, fueling habits, RED-S, and disordered eating
- Her personal nutrition journey as a ultra trail runner recovering from under fueling and overtraining
Keely Henninger is a professional trail runner and scientist based out of Portland, OR. Keely has been in the ultra- and trail-running world since 2014 and has been part of team USA, the 50-mile national champion, 2x winner of the Lake Sonoma 50 mile, and has reached the podium and/or competed at countless other prestigious national and international races like the Western States 100, Lavaredo Ultra Trail, UTCT, CCC(UTMB), among others. Keely was an engineer and applied sports scientist for 7 years and has experience in sports performance, biomechanics, coaching, and female athletes. Currently, she is conducting research on fueling in trail and ultrarunners and the relationship to low energy availability and other negative mental and health issues.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Find our Vegan Athlete Meal Plan here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/vegan-athlete-meal-plan/
- Find our Menopause Meal Plan here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/menopause-support-meal-plan/
- Keely Henninger
- Sports Nutrition
- GU Roctane: https://amzn.to/3XpYdFV