In today’s episode, we speak with Dr. Alan McCubbin about…
- Pre race fluid and sodium loading strategies
- Post race fluid and sodium recovery strategies
- How fluid and sodium may influence cramping
Alan McCubbin is an Accredited Sports Dietitian living in Melbourne, Australia. He is a Fellow of Sports Dietitians Australia and a senior teaching fellow at Monash University in the Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food. His PhD and subsequent research has mostly focused on understanding the need for sodium before, during and after exercise in endurance and ultra-endurance athletes. As well as research, Alan has worked as a practitioner for over 15 years with athletes of all levels, from complete beginners to professional athletes and Olympians. He has consulted to Triathlon Australia’s High Performance Program, in professional cycling, and with individual athletes worldwide through his online business Next Level Nutrition. He’s also been involved in the media, writing for the CyclingTips website, was the author of the nutrition guide for The Sufferfest (now part of the Wahoo training platform). He is also co-host of The Long Munch Podcast, answering the most common nutrition questions that runners, cyclists and triathletes ask. Alan has competed internationally in sailing and recreationally in endurance mountain biking, but doesn’t get much time for either these days with two young kids.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- Find our 1 Week Real Food, Real Quick Meal Plan here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/1-week-real-food-real-quick-meal-plan/
- Find our Supplement Mini Course here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/supplements-that-improve-performance-mini-course/
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Episode 45 with Dr. Alan McCubbin: Everything You Need to Know About Fluid and Sodium Loss
- Dr. Alan McCubbin
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/alan-mccubbin-4674b544/
- Twitter: @nextlvlnut
- Monash University Researcher Profile: https://research.monash.edu/en/persons/alan-mccubbin
- The Long Munch Podcast: https://thelongmunch.podbean.com/
- The Long Munch Podcast Instagram: @thelongmunch