In today’s episode, we speak with Dr. Melissa Streno about…
- What disordered eating might look like for endurance athletes
- Overcoming food fears using both psychological and nutrition approaches
- Mental tools to help you battle “disordered eating talk”
Dr. Melissa Streno earned a Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology (2015) and her M.A. in Sport and Performance Psychology (2010) from the University of Denver’s Graduate School of Professional Psychology. She completed her pre-doctoral internship training with Psychological Resources for OU Student-Athletes (PROS) at The University of Oklahoma. Upon moving back to her native city of Denver, CO, Dr. Streno completed her postdoctoral fellowship within an eating disorder treatment program focusing on developing and leading a track designed specifically for athletes. She spent three years as a primary therapist in the eating disorder partial hospitalization program before venturing into full-time private practice with Lantern Psychology as a licensed psychologist in Colorado. She continues to teach as an Adjunct Professor in the Sport and Performance Psychology Program at the University of Denver as well.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Book a FREE 15 minute phone call: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Low Energy Availability Bundle: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/low-energy-availability-lea-bundle/
- Nutrition for Soft Tissue Injury Mini-Course: https://nutritional-revolution.com/programs/nutrition-for-healing-soft-tissue-injuries/
- Dr. Melissa Streno