In today’s episode, we speak with Heather Jackson about…
- Her background and future in multi-disciplinary sports
- Nutrition mistakes she’s learned from in the past
- How her fueling and hydration game plans change before, during, and after triathlons, gravel cycling, mountain biking, and ultra trail running
Heather Jackson is a professional athlete who spent the first twenty years of her life dabbling in a variety of different sports before focusing on ice hockey, playing Division 1 collegiately as well as intermittently for the United States’ Women’s National Team, ultimately trying to make the 2006 Olympic Games. Not making the team for the Torino Games, combined with the lack of options for women’s ice hockey post college, she found herself inspired by the novel physical demands of swimming, biking and running after attending a local sprint triathlon with her parents. Jackson fell in love with testing her individual limits after 20 years of team sport, and found success in triathlon, racing professionally for almost 15 years, winning some of the most prestigious events in the sport along the way. She is a 6x Ironman Champion, 16x Half Ironman Champion, and Escape from Alcatraz Champion. She made her biggest mark at the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii where she placed in the top five four times, including a third place podium finish in 2016.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Book a FREE 15 minute phone call: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Supplements that Improve Performance Mini-Course: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/supplements-that-improve-performance-mini-course/
- Menstrual Cycle Support Program Bundle: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/menstrual-cycle-support-program-bundle/
- Heather Jackson