In today’s episode, we speak with Sam Moore about…
- Menstrual cycle phase based training
- How the menstrual cycle affects creatine supplementation
- How creatine benefits fluid distribution
- Why menstruators should supplement with creatine
Sam Moore is an applied sport scientist and Human Movement Science Doctoral student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s School of Medicine, researching endocrinological topics of applied female athlete sport science. Sam completed her undergraduate degree in Exercise Science and Human Biology from Western Oregon University and her master’s degree in Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention from California University of Pennsylvania. Prior to Carolina, Sam was with the NC State Wolfpack from 2019-2021 as the Director of Sport Science and Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach.
After two season ending knee surgeries during her dual sport collegiate athletic career, Moore was drawn to the starkly different experience entering the “real-world” as a former female athlete compared to her male counterparts. This was the inception of what would later establish her as the topic expert in the field of female athlete physiology in the pursuit of gender equity in collegiate women’s sports.
As the first woman to serve as a Director of Sport Science in the NCAA, Sam implemented a revolutionary and evidence informed framework of women’s specific training design based on the hormonal landscape of the Wolfpack female athletes. Sam has presented at major international conferences on topics ranging from metabolic and performance effects of female sex hormones to bigger pictures issues of equity and social justice for women and gender diverse athletes. Sam lives in Durham, N.C., with her husband Bennet and their 9-month-old puppy, Dionysus.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Book a FREE 15 minute phone call: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Menstrual Cycle Support Program Bundle: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/menstrual-cycle-support-program-bundle/
- Mini Course Bundle: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/sports-nutrition-webinars-bundle/