In today’s episode, we speak with Alexey Vermeulen about…
- His nutrition experience from his World Tour days to dirt cycling
- His fueling and hydration strategies for long cycle races
- Nutrition mistakes he’s learned from in the past
- Training with the fastest cycling dog, Sir Willie the Weiner
Alexey Vermeulen is an American cyclist who grew up racing on the road after getting into the sport through kids triathlon and inspiration from his grandfather (Opa). After spending two years in the World Tour with Jumbo Visma, Alexey pivoted towards the dirt (gravel & MTB) believing that the sponsorship model in professional cycling was flawed and that he could make a bigger impact where the barrier for entry was lower. Vermeulen has become famous on the circuit for training with Sir Willie the Weiner, a long-haired miniature dachshund that he carries in a backpack while riding. Recent results include winning BWR California, and Iceman Cometh in 2022.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Book a FREE 15 minute call: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- 1 Week Real Food, Real Quick Meal Plan: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/1-week-real-food-real-quick-meal-plan/
- Sports Nutrition Mini-Course Bundle: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/sports-nutrition-webinars-bundle/
- Alexey Vermeulen
- Coach Lucas
- Website: http://www.develocoaching.com
- Sports Nutrition