In today’s episode, we speak with Martinus Evans about…
- Training and running for his first marathon
- Finding love for running outside of weight loss
- Starting his own run community, the Slow AF Run Club
- His upcoming book Slow AF Run Club: The Ultimate Guide for Anyone Who Wants to Run
Martinus Evans has run over eight marathons since his doctor told him to “lose weight or die” in July 2012. Since then, he’s also coached hundreds of runners and been featured in The New York Times, Men’s Health, Well+Good, The Wall Street Journal, New York Post, LADbible, HuffPost, Magnolia, U.S. News & World Report and the cover of Runner’s World. Martinus is the Founder and CEO of the Slow AF Run Club, a community of over 10,000 members worldwide.
To top this all off, he’s got degrees like a thermometer. He holds a BS in Exercise Science from Central Michigan University and a MS in Health Promotion Sciences, Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion and Health Education, and a MA in Digital Media and Design from the University of Connecticut.
When he’s not running races around the world, he enjoys speaking passionately about issues related to size-inclusivity, mindset, DEI and mental health. He also enjoys playing fetch with his rescue dog Mabel.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Book a FREE 15 minute phone call: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- 4 Week Real Food, Real Quick Meal Plan: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/4-week-real-food-real-quick-program/
- Mini Course Bundle: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/sports-nutrition-webinars-bundle/
- Martinus Evans
- Slow AF Run Club: The Ultimate Guide for Anyone Who Wants to Run: https://amzn.to/3XXB5hx
- Join The Slow AF Run Club
- 300 Pounds and Running
- Treacle Pudding
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.