In today’s episode, we speak with Dr. Alannah McKay about…
- Iron Deficiency: Are you at risk?
- Iron Levels: How to detect, how to supplement, and why
- The impact of exercise and altitude on iron levels
- Could you have excess iron?
Alannah McKay completed a Bachelor of Science (Exercise, Health and Sports Science) at the University of Western Australia in 2014. Subsequently, Alannah completed a post-graduate position within the Physiology department at the Australian Institute of Sport, where she was involved in the preparation of many Australian athletes prior to the 2016 Rio Olympic and Paralympic games. Since, Alannah has submitted her PhD titled “The Effect of Dietary Manipulation on Iron Metabolism and the Immune System in Elite Athletes”, which was undertaken in partnership with the Australian Institute of Sport, Western Australian Institute of Sport and the University of Western Australia. Alannah joined Australian Catholic University as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in 2020. Her research will continue to explore the impact of diet and exercise on a range of health outcomes in athletes, with a specific interest in iron metabolism.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Book a FREE 15 minute call: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Supplement Mini Course: https://nutritional-revolution.com/programs/sports-nutrition-mini-courses/
- Vegan Athlete Plan: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/vegan-athlete-meal-plan/
- Low Energy Availability (LEA) Bundle: https://nutritional-revolution.com/product/low-energy-availability-lea-bundle/
- Nutrition for Altitude Training: https://nutritional-revolution.com/programs/sports-nutrition-mini-courses/
- Find Dr. Alannah McKay
- Iron Considerations for the Athlete, A Narrative Review: PMID = 31055680
- Methodological Considerations for Investigating Iron Status and Regulation in Exercise and Sport Science Studies: PMID = 35365588
- Nutrition and Altitude: Strategies to Enhance Adaption, Improve Performance and Maintain Health: A Narrative Review: PMID = 31691928
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.