In today’s episode, we speak with Sam Laidlow about…
- Growing up in sport
- Dealing with GI Distress & Training his Gut
- How he mapped out a hydration & nutrition plan for a top bike finish at Kona
Sam Laidlow (born December 23, 1998 in Oakley, Bedfordshire.) is a French professional triathlete. Runner-up in the Ironman World Championship last October in Hawaii, Sam Laidlow made history with the best French performance.
At the age of 13, he decided to leave his home in Amélie-les-Bains-Palalda to join the National High Altitude Training Center in Font-Romeu. 3 years later, Sam was selected to train alongside the French team in Montpellier. At the age of 17, he returned to his family in Amélie-les-Bains-Palalda and began to be coached by his father Richard Laidlow.
His debut in long-distance triathlon was very promising. In 2019, he won the Lakesman long-distance triathlon, and in 2021, he won the first edition of the TradeInn 140.6Inn in Spain, a support event for the Spanish long-distance championship. That same year, he took second place in the French long-distance championships.
With his strengths being the first two disciplines of triathlon (swimming and cycling), Sam is often known for being at the front of the races assuming a more aggressive racing style. Sam also represented Team Europe at the 2nd edition of The Collins Cup in Samorin.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Book a FREE 15 minute call to discuss how GI Map Testing & Sweat Testing might help you dial in your nutrition/hydration plan: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Should you be sweat testing? https://nutritional-revolution.com/sweat-testing-101/
- 1:1 Gut Training: Science-backed nutrition counseling to alleviate GI Distress and to avoid the bonk: https://bit.ly/3PLbAj4
- Find Sam Laidlow
- Maurten: www.maurten.com
- Precision Hydration: https://amzn.to/3NZ8uXk
- Liquid IV: https://amzn.to/3JKKMeR
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.