In this week’s episode, we talk to the esteemed sports and clinical psychologist Dr. Kevin Chapman about
- Sports anxiety: preparatory coping and how to deal with it pre, during and post race or event
- How to optimize anxiety for sport
- Positive self-talk and the benefit athletes can find to hit their PRs
Dr. Chapman is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, founder and director of the Kentucky Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders (KYCARDS) where he specializes in the assessment and treatment of anxiety and related disorders. Dr. Chapman is a Diplomate and Certified by the Academy of Cognitive Behavioral Therapies (A-CBT), and is an internationally recognized expert in the implementation of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for anxiety and related disorders. Among many other impressive accolades, Dr. Chapman also serves as a Mental Health Expert for TrueSport, a subsidiary for the United States Antidoping Agency, and is the team psychologist for the Louisville Football Club and the Racing Louisville Football Club. He was also a two-sport collegiate athlete in track and field, and football and inducted into the Centre College Athletic Hall of Fame in 2020. You may know him from his commentary in numerous consumer publications, including USA Today, NBC Health, Men’s Health, and others, as well as on A&E’s hit documentary 60 Days In, where he served as Program Psychologist for Seasons 1 and 2. He is also the expert for the new season of My Strange Addiction– Still Addicted.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Registering for those fall races? Now is the time to start preparing – physically & mentally! NR Founder Kyla Channell only has a few spaces open on her calendar: Click here to Book a FREE 15 minute call: https://l.bttr.to/8LAV8
- Find Dr. Kevin Chapman
- Podcast Suggestions
- Other resources Dr. Chapman suggests
- Show Your Anxiety Who’s Boss: https://amzn.to/43Vole9
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Save 20% on all supplements at our trusted online source: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/kchannell
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.