In this week’s episode, we talk to Stanford’s Dr. Emily Kraus about:
- Running Injuries, stress fractures, overuse injuries and what the research shows
- FASTR Program: Helpful tools for runners
- Female Athlete Triad
- Mental Health in Sport
Dr. Kraus is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Stanford Children’s Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Center trained in the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) sports medicine. She has research and clinical interests in endurance sports medicine, injury prevention, running biomechanics, prevention of bone stress injuries, and the promotion of health and wellness at any age of life. Dr. Kraus is the director of the FASTR Program, which stands for Female Athlete Science and Translational Research. The FASTR program is supported by the Wu Tsai Human Performance Alliance and seeks to close the gender gap in sports science research with an emphasis on early identification and interventions to prevent injury and identify ways to optimize performance in female athletes. Dr. Kraus is also a member of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee Women’s Health Task Force and is the medical director of the Stanford Children’s Motion Analysis and Sport Performance Lab. She has completed nine marathons including the Boston Marathon twice and one 50k ultramarathon. With running and staying physically active as one of her personal passions, she recognizes the importance of fitness for overall wellbeing and the prevention of chronic medical conditions.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- 1:1 Coaching: Through October 15, NEW CUSTOMERS can get $300 off 1:1 support! (Must pay 3 months in advance) Book your session today.
- Low Energy Bundle: LEA Webinar + our LEA 7 Day Meal Plan, together at a discount
Mentioned on the Show
- Follow Dr. Kraus
- Healthy Runner Project
- Mental Health Matters
More from NR
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Save 20% on all supplements at our trusted online source: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/kchannell
- Join Nutritional Revolution’s The Feed Club to get $20 off right away with an additional $20 Feed credit drop every 90 days.: https://thefeed.com/teams/nutritional-revolution
- Interested in blood testing? Use code NUTRITIONALREVOLUTION at InsideTracker for 20% off any test: store.insidetracker.com/nutritionalrevolution
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at email@example.com.