In this week’s episode, we talk to ultrarunner & athlete, Rachael Norfleet about:
- Her transition from swimming to triathlon world champs and eventually to trail running & ultramarathons
- Battling an auto-immune disorder and REDs, and her path to health
- How she fuels now
Rachael Norfleet is a mom, a trail runner, and a sales professional. She grew up in the Midwest and swam competitively into college. After collegiate swimming, she found triathlon and raced at a high level for 5 years, competing three times in world championship races. She took an almost 2-year hiatus from sport in 2018 to heal after experiencing a thyroid storm that turned her life and health upside down. During this time, she moved to California for work and began hiking all around SoCal. She fell in love with the trails and as her health came around, she began running more than hiking. She carried this love for trail running through her pregnancy and began racing on the trails more seriously in 2022.
She now lives in Bozeman, Montana with her husband, who is a pilot, and her 2-year-old son, Callum. After working in the neurosurgical medical device industry for 6 years, she’s going back to school in 2024 to pursue nursing. Now, they prioritize spending meaningful time together as a family and we spend as much of their days outside as they can skiing, hiking, running and hunting collectively as a family.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
- SNEP: 4-week course to help break through training blocks & achieve goals. Use NEWNR10 for 10% off!
- Low Energy Bundle: LEA Webinar + 7 Day Meal Plan
Mentioned on the show:
- Follow Rachael Norfleet
- Instagram: @RachaelNorfleet
More from NR
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Save 20% on all supplements at our trusted online source: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/kchannell
- Join Nutritional Revolution’s The Feed Club to get $20 off right away with an additional $20 Feed credit drop every 90 days.: https://thefeed.com/teams/nutritional-revolution
- Interested in blood testing? Use code NUTRITIONALREVOLUTION at InsideTracker for 20% off any test: store.insidetracker.com/nutritionalrevolution
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at email@example.com.