In this week’s episode, we talk to footwear innovator Laura Healey about:
- The anatomy of a running shoe
- How your shoe affects your run
- All things carbon fiber shoes
- The question to ask yourself to choose the right shoe for your activity
As manager of footwear innovation at PUMA’s North American office in Boston, Massachusetts, Laura Healey uses her biomechanics expertise to create enhanced performance footwear. Along with a team of designers and engineers, Laura helps develop the innovation and concepts that will be used in Puma’s athletic footwear in the future. By talking to and working with top athletes, Laura and the innovation team can obtain feedback and input on their needs and wants from footwear.”I get to talk to top athletes, get their feedback and it’s really important stuff. It’s also really cool, I love it. It really is ‘dream job’ material.” Often working in collaboration with researchers from other universities, Laura and her team also ensure that the new ideas they develop are based on new and detailed research.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- 1:1 Coaching: Through this week only, NEW CUSTOMERS can get $300 off 1:1 support! (Must pay 3 months in advance). Email email@example.com for details or Book your session today.
- Stay up-to-date with all of Laura’s exciting research and work
- Study Look: Longitudinal bending stiffness does not affect running economy in Nike Vaporfly Shoes: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2095254621000739
- Puma Shoes Mentioned
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Save 20% on all supplements at our trusted online source: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/kchannell
- Join Nutritional Revolution’s The Feed Club to get $20 off right away with an additional $20 Feed credit drop every 90 days.: https://thefeed.com/teams/nutritional-revolution
- Interested in blood testing? Use code NUTRITIONALREVOLUTION at InsideTracker for 20% off any test: store.insidetracker.com/nutritionalrevolution
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.