In this week’s episode – #90! – we talk to gravel and mountain biker – and The Adventure Stache podcast host – Payson McElveen about
- Making FKT attempts
- How he got into mountain biking & gravel riding
- How he fuels for training, racing and in the off-season
Born and raised outside Austin, Tex., Payson McElveen relocated to Durango, CO in 2012 to pursue Exercise Science at collegiate cycling powerhouse Fort Lewis College as well as his dream of becoming a professional mountain biker. Following graduation in 2016, his career began to take off, but not necessarily in the manner he’d expected. Rather than pursue the traditional route of XC that involves World Cup racing and Olympic aspirations, he gravitated towards longer events after a career-altering experience at the 6-day Mongolia Bike Challenge. A year later, he won his first professional national title at the 2017 Marathon Mountain Bike Championships, and a second title in 2018, successes that helped land dream sponsor Red Bull. This further spurred a commitment to longer events which were exploding in popularity at the time. Now splitting his time between off-road endurance disciplines and a focus on the Lifetime Grand Prix, Payson has continued to enjoy success at the biggest gravel events in the world, including three wins at The Mid-South, and podium finishes at the Leadville 100, Unbound 200, SBT GRVL and more. While his athletic achievements are notable, Payson strives to have a multi-faceted impact on the sport. Through his popular “The Adventure Stache” podcast, films, and innovative physical challenges such as FKTs and a first single push crossing of Iceland, he hopes to inspire riders to think about the sport in new ways. While racing remains his first and greatest love on the bike, he hopes to have an impact that extends far beyond the finish line.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
Supplements that Improve Performance Course:Learn about supplement that will benefit your performance.
Stay Connected with Payson:
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWPOD10
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Save 20% on all supplements at our trusted online source: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/kchannell
- Join Nutritional Revolution’s The Feed Club to get $20 off right away with an additional $20 Feed credit drop every 90 days.: https://thefeed.com/teams/nutritional-revolution
- Interested in blood testing? Use code NUTRITIONALREVOLUTION at InsideTracker for 20% off any test: store.insidetracker.com/nutritionalrevolution
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at email@example.com.