In this week’s episode, we talk to Emeritus Professor Rod Snow, who has studied the effects of sodium bicarbonate on athletic performance, about:
- How sodium bicarbonate works in the body
- How it affects athlete performance
- When you might effectively use sodium bicarbonate to boost performance
Emeritus Professor Rod Snow is an expert in creatine metabolism in skeletal muscle and female reproduction. He has published 123 peer-reviewed journal papers and reviews with a career total citation of over 7100. He remains highly cited after 30 years, showing his work has had a major impact in the field. Professor Snow is academic member of the Institute for Physical Activity and Nutrition (Deakin University). He has had previous NHMRC and ARC project grant funding and has supervised 12 PhD students (+1 current), 3 M.Sc students, and 13 B. Appl. Sc (Hons) students. Professor Snow is a member of the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences at Deakin University and provides mentorship for academic staff involved in the Exercise and Sport Science teaching and research programs.
Please note that this podcast is created strictly for educational purposes and should never be used for medical diagnosis and treatment.
See you in the next episode!
- Through 9/5/23, receive 30% off all Nutritional Revolution online programs, webinars and meal plans! Use code LABORDAY23 at checkout.
- Sports Nutrition Education Program (SNEP), A 4-week course to help you break through training blocks and achieve your goals.
- Supplement Mini Course: Learn about supplement protocols that will benefit performance in this informative webinar.
- Stay up to date on Professor Snow’s Research on Google Scholar
- Sodium Bicarbonate Research
- Creatine supplementation and hypoxia: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25632150/
- New customers save 10% off all products on our website with the code NEWNR10
- If you would like to work with our practitioners, click here: https://nutritional-revolution.com/work-with-us/
- Save 20% on all supplements at our trusted online source: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/kchannell
- Join Nutritional Revolution’s The Feed Club to get $20 off right away with an additional $20 Feed credit drop every 90 days.: https://thefeed.com/teams/nutritional-revolution
- If you’re interested in sponsoring Nutritional Revolution Podcast, shoot us an email at email@example.com.