Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad with Salmon
April 28, 2021
For 4 servings:
- 12 ozs Salmon Fillet (oven baked)
- 1 Sweet Potato (diced into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 cup Red Onion (diced)
- 3 Leeks (chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, peeled and halved)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- If you are using salmon, cook your fillets up ahead of time in the oven seasoned with a bit of oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 415ºF (213ºC). Combine sweet potato, red bell pepper, red onion, leeks and garlic cloves in a large mixing bowl. Toss well with red pepper flakes and olive oil. Place veggies on a foil-lined baking sheet and cook for about 30 minutes or until golden. (Note: Veggies can also be done on the barbecue in a grilling basket.)
- In the mean time, add quinoa and water to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover pot and reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
- When your veggies are finished roasting, put them in a large mixing bowl. Add quinoa, mint, feta and arugula. Sprinkle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve alone or with an oven-baked salmon fillet on the side. Enjoy!
- Calories = 356
- Fat = 13g
- Carbs = 38g
- Protein = 24g
Love this recipe?
Find more delicious whole food based recipes in our 4 Week Real Food, Real Quick Meal Plan!
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation