Sweet Potato Mac & Cheese
November 7, 2022
For 4 servings:
- 2 cups Brown Rice Macaroni (dry)
- 2 Sweet Potato (small, peeled, cubed)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (medium, roughly chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth (divided)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Cook the brown rice pasta according to the package directions. When finished cooking, strain and run under cold water immediately to prevent from overcooking. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add the sweet potato and just enough water to cover them. Bring the potatoes to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and cook for eight to ten minutes or until they are fork-tender. Drain and add them to a blender and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add the onions, garlic, and half of the broth to a pan. Sauté for three to five minutes or until the onions have softened. Add some more broth or water if needed.
- Add the onions to the blender along with the rest of the vegetable broth, milk, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the sweet potato sauce into the pot of cooked macaroni and mix to combine. Divide evenly between bowls. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!
For 1 serving:
- Calories = 310
- Fat = 2g
- Carbs = 61g
- Protein = 10g
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Serving Size: One serving is equal to approximately 1 1/2 cups.
- No Almond Milk: Use another unsweetened milk alternative.
- More Flavor: Add dried oregano, rosemary, and/or thyme to the sauce.
- Additional Toppings: Top with chili flakes or hot sauce.
Looking for more?
Check out our 1 Week Real Food, Real Quick Meal Plan!
0 CommentsJoin The Conversation